DarkStar Special Edition
The Special Edition DarkStar® provides reference grade video performance in either a dark room or rooms with high levels of interior lighting. Instead of the image washout common with typical matte-white projection screens, the SE DarkStar® blocks illumination from overhead or off-axis light sources for a bold, bright, crystal-clear image even in the most challenging spaces. When shown under optimal cinematic lighting conditions, the material lives up to its ISF certification by the world-renowned Imaging Science Foundation.
The projection surface is bordered by a 2.3” (59.4 mm) thick aluminum frame that is coated in hand-wrapped velvet. The DarkStar® 9 screen is a composite, multi-layer material designed to reject ambient light away from the viewer’s field of vision. This composite material eliminates the washout effect which destroys matte white imagery under bright room lighting conditions. The Dark Star® 9 material attaches to the frame using a spring and grommet construction that ensures perfect uniform flatness. In addition to absorbing overhead ceiling light, the DarkStar® 9’s black diffusion layer provides high-contrast performance to enhance color saturation, contrast and black level dynamic range.
- DarkStar® 9 material has a wide viewing angle that reflects a bright image across the entire surface for superior off-axis performance
- Active micro-structural filters absorb 95% of ambient light from above and below
- Diffusion layers enhance color contrast and black/white dynamic range performance
- Wide diffusion uniformity across the entire screen surface without color shift, texture, shimmer, hot-spotting, dark corners and other distracting artifacts
- Scratch-resistant material is easy to clean
- 4K/8K Ultra HD, HDR Ready for high resolution projectors and content
- Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) for accurate color points, dynamic range, and color temperature
- Available in diagonal sizes: 106” and 122” in 16:9 or 156” in 2.40:1 aspect ratio
Design & Installation
- 2.3” wide aluminum frame with hand-wrapped velveteen surface provides an elegant finish while absorbing projector overshoot
- Spring and grommet attachment system allows for an easy installation with a clean, smooth projection surface
- Lightweight split-frame design is cost effective for shipping and provides easy access to install sites
- Assembles and installs in minutes
- Sliding wall mounts ensure precision on-axis alignment
Quality and Reliability
- 2-Year / 3-Year ENR-G Manufacturer's Warranty by Elite Screens, an ISO9001 manufacturer since 2004
- Lifetime Tech Support by Elite Screens Professional Service Team through Email or Web Chat.